Hack U™ at UW and GA Tech
Twice a year, Yahoo! Academic Relations and the Yahoo! Developer Network work together to bring the Hack U™ program to a handful of campuses around the country. The Hack U™ team recently wrapped up two weeks of events at the University of Washington (UW) and Georgia Tech (GA Tech). The students at UW blew us away with their technical prowess and sophisticated hacks, while GA Tech impressed us with their amazing turnout and wide range of innovative hacks.
Here are the winners:
- 1st Place: Katamari Hack – a game that allows one to play Katamari Damacy with any website’s elements!
- 2nd Place: Pocket Change – a tool to make donations when you buy stuff.
- 3rd Place: Get That Junk Off My Screen – a site redesigner.
- Hack For Good / Accessibility Award: Data Speak, a tool for describing graphed data sets.
- Best Mobile Hack: sKrEXP – KEXP-based mobile song browser and playlist generator.
- Honorable Mentions: How Will Your Day Be for the most fun/amusing hack, and John Cage Machine for the best learning ramp-up.
- 1st Place: UrbanMusic by Drew Bratcher & John Marshall
- 2nd Place: Placemaker ( Greasemonkey User Script ) by Tarun Yadav & Neha Gautam
- 3rd Place: Got Luck
- Mobile category winner: Quest Huntr by Ben Olive and Alex Milstead
- Hack for Good: Hack4Gud by Arunabh Verma
Read more about the UW event here.
Read more about Hack U™ at GA Tech here.